Vinnytsia National Medical University
Vinnytsia National Medical University was founded in 1921. In 1960 the varsity was named after MI Pirogov, in 1984 it had been awarded the Order of the Badge of Honor. Since 1994, Vinnytsia Medical Institute has been certified and accredited at the IV level of accreditation, it’s been granted the status of a University. He acquired the national status of the university in 2002, within the same year he was awarded diplomas of the cupboard of Ministers of Ukraine and therefore the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
The university features a high level of provision of teachers with academic degrees and titles. Almost every sixth university teacher may be a doctor of sciences, professor. It employs 25 Honored Workers of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Honored Workers of upper School and Education of Ukraine, 3 academicians of the Academy of upper Education of Ukraine, 12 Honored Doctors of Ukraine, 5 Laureates of the State Prize of Ukraine.
Computer technologies are widely implemented within the educational process and management of the university. There are 26 computer classes, 4 channels of the web network are used, access to which is free for college kids , graduate students and teachers.
The university has 12 scientific schools. The university maintains creative ties and cooperates with the medical faculties of universities in 19 foreign countries (including the USA, Germany, France, England, Russia, etc.), and clinical departments have close ties with 28 foreign pharmaceutical companies. Teachers of departments are involved within the implementation of 62 international projects.
Rector of the University – Moroz Vasyl Maksymovych, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Full Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Chairman of the Association of Rectors of Medical Universities of Ukraine, Hero of Ukraine. Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine. Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine within the field of science and technology.