Saint-Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University
State Pediatric Medical University in Saint-Petersburg is the oldest Pediatric higher educational establishment within the world. It was founded in 1925 as Academic and Research Institute of Maternal health and babyhood protection in the basement of the leading city children's hospital opened in 1905. This University cooperates with many leading foreign universities and medical centres, like University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (Houston, USA), Democritus University of Thrace (Greece), Belarusian State Medical University (Minsk), Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi (Armenia) et al.Total area of the University’s territory is 147723 sq.m. The structure of the University includes 29 buildings, equipped with video control systems. The University has 10 computer classrooms, where students study new disciplines. There are 6 cafes and students’ canteens, 3 of them are situated within the university campus. The University Library features a rich collection of scientific and academic literature. One of important departments of the University is the Research centre, that has 5 research laboratories: 1. Molecular diagnostic laboratory with advanced group of ecogenetics 2. Laboratory of clinical immunology 3. Laboratory of latest medical technologies 4. Laboratory of neurocognitive technologies 5. Laboratory of experimental medicine. To realize its top-level education Saint-Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University has all necessary material and technical equipment, scientific and academic literature, medical centres and hospitals.